Temporary Change in Hours
Support Staff members or their managers may request a temporary change in their standard hours of work, for a minimum of two months and a maximum of six months per year. The Temporary Change in Hours must be operationally feasible and approved by your manager.
A maximum of six months.
Minimum Hours of Work
In order to ensure the retention of your benefits for the duration of the temporary change, you must work at minimum 14 hours per week.
Impact to Pay and Benefits
- Your hourly rate of pay will remain the same, but overall pay will increase/decrease according to your hours of work.
- A Temporary Change in hours will result in a benefits cost sharing arrangement applicable to the FTE you work. The total cost for benefits will be adjusted according to the FTE range worked during Temporary Change in Hours.
- If you remain within the same FTE range, there will be no impact to the benefits cost sharing arrangement.
- The FTE ranges for Health and Dental are 0.8 - 1.00, 0.6 – 0.79 and 0.4 - 0.59.
- More details and benefits rates can be found in the Benefits at a Glance documents.
- Pension Contributions will increase/decrease according to the new hours of work. If you are currently participating in the pension plan, you will remain in the plan. If you have opted out of the pension plan, you remain ineligible to participate during your Temporary Change in hours.
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (LTD) coverage is based on salary, therefore, base coverage and premium costs will increase/decrease according to the new hours of work.
- Vacation Accruals, Special Leave entitlements, and Sick Leave entitlements will increase/decrease according to the new hours of work.